RÉSUMÉ of our Expert
Name: DHARAM KIRTI
Gender / Zodiac sign: MALE / Taurus – 2nd May
Eyesight / Blood Group: 6/6 / AB+
Height / Weight: 5'5" (165 cm) / 132 lbs (60 kg)
Chest / Waist: 34.3"- 36.2" (87-92 cm) / 30" (76 cm) Shoe: No. 6
Mark of Identification: Mole (Beauty spot) below left eye
Educational Qualification: M.A. (Sociology), M.A. (English), B.Ed.
Experience with Indian Mountaineer Foundation (IMF)
Qualified Mountain Guide and Tourism Professional
1. Basic Mountaineering Course (Nehru Institute of Mountaineering) 1994 - Grade A.
2. Advanced Mountaineering Course (NIM) 1994 - Grade A.
3. Search & Rescue Mountaineering Course (NIM) 1995 - Grade A.
4. Mountain Guide Course (NIM) 1996.
5. Method of Instructions Course (NIM) 1996.
6. Attended Mountain Wilderness International of Italy’s (MWI) Liaison Officers’ Training Camp at DMAS, Manali.
7. Judges’ Course for Sports Climbing (IMF) 2002.
8. Extensive Trekking in Himalayas.
9. Conducting Rock-climbing courses and treks for over 12 years.
10. Guest Instructor at NIM
11. Qualified Alpinist.
12. Summited Baljuri Peak (5922m) in Kumaun Himalayas (Uttaranchal).
13. Member of the panel of qualified mountaineers at IMF.
14. Performed duties of IMF L.O. with British Expedition to peak unnamed (5500m) in Valley West of Kargiak, South of Zanskar (HP-J&K).
15. Performed duties of IMF L.O. with Austrian Expedition to peak Kang Yisay (6400m) in Ladakh (J&K).
16. Performed duties of IMF L.O. with Korean Expedition to peak Nanda Devi-East (7434m) in Garhwal Himalayas.
17. Performed duties of IMF L.O. with Japanese Expedition to virgin peak Kula (6746m), Ladakh (J&K).
18. Performed duties of IMF L.O. with Italian Expedition to peak Nun (7135m), Ladakh (J&K).
19. Performed duties of IMF L.O. with Japanese Expedition to peak Umdung Kangri (6643m), (HP).
20. Performed duties of IMF L.O. with British Expedition to peak Stok Kangri (6153m), Ladakh (J&K).
- Recipient of Governor's Gold Medal for being the best all round Naval Wing Cadet in the year 1989.
- Participated in Youth Exchange Programme with Bangladesh.
- Participated in the Republic Day Parade.
- Holder of NCC C Certificate (Naval Wing)
- Attended INS Nau Sainik Camp at Vishakhapatanam, 1987.
- Extensive Naval Experience:
- Ship attachment on-board INS Taragiri (Frigate).
- Sea Training on-board INS Ranvir (Destroyer).
- Proficiency in Martial Arts.
- Captained the Kumaon University rowing team with distinction - 1990.
- Running adventure and tourism related activities successfully.
- Attended the IMF Millennium Mountaineering Meet of select mountaineers at New Delhi.
- Organised successful Japanese Expeditions to virgin peaks (over 6000 m) in Spiti area in H.P.
- Assisted Wilderness International of Italy in organising Liaison Officers course in Garhwal Himalayas.
- Assisted in the making of an Italian Documentary on adventure and spiritual life in the Himalayas.
- Organised two successful expeditions of Japanese Alpine Club (JAC) – Tokai Section of senior members to Mt. Gangsthan (over 6162m) in Lahaul area in H.P.
- Organised trekking expedition of officers of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in Lahaul-Zanskar (HP– J&K).
- Summitted Mont Dolan (3987 m) from Courmayeur (Italian Alps).
- Summitted Mont Blanc (4807 m) from Chamonix (French Alps).
- Extensive trekking and mountaineering in Alps through Mountain Wilderness International, Italy.
- Life Member, Naini Tal Mountaineering Club, Nainital
- Member, Mountain Wilderness International, Italy
- Social Responsibility:
- Vice-President of Society for Nature, Environment & Humanity (SNEH)–NGO
- Honorary Animal Welfare Officer, AWBI, Ministry of Environment & Forests
Languages: Fluent in English and Hindi
- Can instruct and guide in mountaineering, winter sports and in tourism industry both technically and administratively in the Himalayas and anywhere.
- Experienced in High Altitude Trekking.
- Qualified in Outdoor Management Development (OMD).
- Having experience of over 10 years in tourism industry.
- Conducting tourism related activities for Defence Personnel and Administrative Officers.
- Experienced in Aero & Water Sports: Windsurfing, Para-Sailing, Enterprise sailing, rafting, rowing, kayaking and canoeing.
- Capable of handling Personal Computers and using Application Package Software.